Undesired Parallax Scrolling

edited October 2011 in Help request
Hi,

I've started using your engine a little while ago. I've encountered a problem when I start moving the camera.

I have the camera looking straight down the z-axis, with objects arranged in x-y space. When I move it along the x-y plane, I notice that objects with a z-value that is not 0 tend to "drift" in relation to each other, much like a perspective camera would minus the scaling.

I'm guessing this the parallax scrolling feature in your engine? How would I turn this off?

Cheers,
Eugene

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Hi Eugene, and welcome here.

Can you tell me more about your camera's properties? Such as its position and the dimensions of its frustum?
    The parallax scrolling feature is handled per-object and per-axis. If your object has a config property called AutoScroll, you might want to remove it and that should fix your problem.

Are you using orx directly or Scroll? I'm asking as Scroll as a toggle to enable/disable AutoScroll on all the objects placed with the editor and it might be activated by mistake.

Cheers!
  • edited October 2011
    Ahh, it does seem to be the autoscroll property. It is set to "both". Thanks for the speedy response!
  • edited October 2011
    My pleasure! Don't hesitate if you have any other question.

PS: Nice blog btw, I'm looking forward your next post. :)