[REQUEST] Change output directory structure of orx

I'm kinda starting a discussion, but I find the current output directory structure for orx a little troublesome.

having everything dropped into /lib has a consequence (especially in linux) where 32bit builds and 64bit builds can not live together.

To me that means: build, copy to another file structure, rinse and repeat a few times.

I propose something more in the vein of.
/lib
----/Win32
/x86
/x64
----/Linux
/Linux32
/Linux64
----/OSX (not sure how this one works.

so if somebody builds a few, he can just copy over the /lib folder and get everything he needs.

That's my suggestion, I'm happy to get any other ideas.

I know I can just fix it myself in the project settings, however that's a me solution, not a everybody's working together solution ;)

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Yes, it's definitely something we need to address. Actually AlgoJerVIA started something like that in his work with premake, I just hadn't the time to try his file yet, it has been sitting on my desktop for weeks. :(

OS X uses what they call universal binaries (many architectures within one single lib/bin). I don't know if this is available for linux or not but that could be an alternative there too.

I don't know if I want to add an extra folder depth though, they might all end up at the same level (and even with an extra depth win32 will probably be windows as win32/x64 doesn't mean much. ;)).