Now I fill it with values in the constructor:
LogicalLevelEntries::LogicalLevelEntries(){	
	cellNames["EmptyCell"] = 0;
	cellNames["WhiteMouseCell"] = 1;
	cellNames["BlackMouseCell"] = 2;
	cellNames["UnusedCell"] = 3;
}

Then I have a method which prints out content of the map like this:
orxLOG("name: %s mapping: %i", orxObject_GetName(nextCell), cellNames[orxObject_GetName(nextCell)]);

Despite calling different names, map always returns 0. I guess it's a problem with declaring key type - but I have no idea how to set it to make things work properly. How can I fix it?

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I'm no STL expert but I have the feeling that std::map is going to use the operator== for comparing keys, which means it'll do a basic pointer comparison instead of doing a string comparison.
    My guess is that you'll have to wrap the C/orx strings with a C++ std::string in order for this to work.

Out of curiosity, why don't you use the config system to store your info instead?
  • edited August 2012
    And a quick example:
    // In config
    [EmptyCell]
    LogicalLevel = 0

[WhiteMouseCell]
    LogicalLevel = 1

// In code
    orxConfig_PushSection(orxObject_GetName(nextCell));
    orxLOG("name: %s mapping: %i", orxObject_GetName(nextCell), orxConfig_GetS32("LogicalLevel"));
    orxConfig_PopSection();

• edited August 2012
    Didn't really know I could do that (on the second thought.. I surely read about that in some tutorial). Thanks for the tip - it works great! :)
  • edited August 2012
    Hi xZPFxBarteq, I previously stored my map info in arrays but I am moving to the config myself (hence my other post in this section).

But I'll be doing another tutorial shortly to explain the "official" config way of doing it.