include files are diferent

Hi
I was following the tutorial, and I realize that the most of the include files from the tutorial are quite diferent from the release.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Hi!

mrGREEN wrote:
    Hi
    I was following the tutorial, and I realize that the most of the include files from the tutorial are quite diferent from the release.

By that you mean the orx-dev*.zip include files are different from the orx-tutorial*.zip ones for the 0.9.1 release?

It shouldn't be, but I may have done some mistakes when packaging.

You can either wait for the next 1.0 release or use the subversion files.

On the subversion, tutorials and libraries includes don't differ usually, but binaries might have some delays in the tutorial section (I can't rebuild all the tutorials every time I modify orx, it'd take me too much time without build machines and scripts).
    However, you can build your own orx version if you use the svn one, and it should compile out-of-the-box for any platform provided that you sync also the /external folder.

Orx is currently in a stable state on the svn repository, I'm only delaying the release so as to add 2 new tutorials, some documentation and a better packaging on MacOS X. So really, using the svn version is by far better than the 0.9.1 release (more features, faster, more stable and easier to use).
  • edited March 2009
    Hi!

I just checked both orx-tutorial-msvs2008-0.9.1.zip and orx-dev-msvs2008-0.9.1.zip for include files discrepencies.

I found 2 files having differences, orxConfig.h & orxFrame.h, but those are only comments differences so they don't impact on compiling in any way.

So I'm not sure about which include files you're talking about, sorry. Can you give me more precisions on your problem?
  • edited March 2009
    I double check the problem, if you go to TUTORIAL->00-Setup you can download a orx-test-video.zip file which contain all the file that are different from the release version. It's not a big deal since it's enough to substitude the tutorial include files with the release include file.
    Anyway, don't worry about it.
    If I find any another bug-problem I let you know.
    Thanks