XCode template

edited February 2011 in Help request
Hi,

I'm quite new to Mac, so as XCode and I'm having troubles configuring XCode for ORX. Can someone upload some basic project template for Mac (not iPhone) with one excutable (not as in tutorial) and with some simple directory tree (project file in root, sources in one folder, so as includes and libs) please? I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Hi Kenn and welcome here!

I can provide you with such a template, but actually everytime I start a new XCode project I use the tutorial project file as template. I keep either the tutorial #10 or #11 (both are single executable and not plugins) and remove all the other tutorials.

If you still don't think you can't make it from that I'll try to upload a simpler one somewhere tomorrow.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I tryed it several times, but still getting errors while compilling or running it. One time I even get as far as app window appeared, but crashed down with error, something like it was missing some Box2D libs.

So I would appreciate if you could upload me some simplified template :)
  • edited February 2011
    Mmh interesting! :)

Well, I'll do that tonight, I'm using the latest version of orx from the SVN, but that shouldn't matter much if you replace the include and library files with your own. Or you could also sync the SVN so as to get all the new stuff. ;) (In this case only sync the trunk, otherwise you'll get all the dev branches you don't need.)
  • edited February 2011
    Thank you. I'm already using ORX from SVN, so there shouldn' t be problem.
  • edited February 2011
    I have completed a xcode template for orx before. You can take a look at that. it may be useful for you.

https://forum.orx-project.org/discussion/1306
  • edited February 2011
    It was to my understanding that Kenn needed a template for a Mac project, not an iPhone one. Does your template also work for Mac projects?

Kenn, I'm afraid that both my wife and my daughter were sick today so I didn't have time to create a project tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to do it tomorrow. Sorry about the delay.
  • edited February 2011
    That's perfetly ok.

I tryed it once again this morning and I finished up with compiled application and "misaligned_stack_error_" while running it in orx_Execute() as debug says.

I'm just doing something wrong :)
  • edited February 2011
    That's an interesting error.
    Again, I'm sorry, they're still both pretty sick and I didn't have the opportunity to go on the computer. As I only got 4 hours of sleep in the last 2 nights, I don't think I'll be able to stay up late and do that. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I got it working! Just need to change to OSX 10.5 in project settings and everything is working well.
  • edited February 2011
    Hmm, wanted to create some basic tutorial on wiki, but I'm not allowed to create page.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm glad you found the issue. As for the wiki you now have the editing rights. I had to remove public edition as the wiki got often defaced and there's no other easy security measure for me to control that. :/
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks.

Finished up Xcode tutorial. It just probably needs some english correctures as I'm not from english speaking country.
  • edited February 2011
    Nice work! As for the English review I'm not the best to do that but I'm sure Grey will be happy to have a look. ;)