v1.1 has been released!

edited January 2010 in Releases
orx v1.1 has been released!

There are a lot of changes between v1.0 and v1.1. You can find an almost exhaustive list in the CHANGELOG file from any package.

The 3 majors changes that you need to pay attention to, when updating to v1.1:
    none
  • The config property WaveNumber for spawners has been renamed WaveSize
  • The gravity is now expressed in the same unit system as every other physical values. If you didn't change the DimensionRatio property for Physics in your game, you then need to multiply your previous gravity by 100 (the default DimensionRatio being 0.01)
  • As now you can specify empty values for any config property (useful when overriding), when you use blocks for values, the first block marker ["] has to be one the same line as the asignment character [=]none

Beside these major changes, a lot of things have been added since the previous release, here's a list of the main ones:
    none
  • Added custom animation events, handled from config files (very useful for synchronization)
  • Clocks can now be created from config and directly associated to objects, ie. time stretching can easily be done on a per object basis
  • Added easy timers based on clocks with optional repetition counters
  • Added raycasts to test against physical bodies
  • Objects can now have a custom gravity that can be changed on-the-fly
  • The display resolution + windowed/fullscreen can now be changed on-the-fly
  • Dynamic physical objects can now be part of an object hierarchy, they will compute their position given their parent movement and the results of the physical simulation
  • More robust logic/physics/display loop with no more 1-frame delay
  • When using the ChildList property of objects, the hierarchy can be inspected at runtime with orxObject_GetChild() / orxObject_GetSibling()
  • AutoScroll/DepthScale now works correctly with objects that have bodies
  • Added orx_WinExecute() convenience wrapper when executing orx from WinMain() (ie. for windows console-less games)
  • A bunch of optimizations and misc fixes =)none

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I can't believe that no one has replied to this topic! There's quite a few updated from 1.0, which is really good! I've just started to try out Orx myself (been playing around with what I can understand from the documentation).