Error running in Debug mode

edited March 2015 in Help request
Hi everyone, thanks again for this engine. A new error has come up on my new Debian/Linux box when I try to run a Tutorial 01 compiled with the debug version of orx (liborxd.so). Namely:
[03:51:22] [ALL] [orxPlugin.c:orxPlugin_DefaultCoreFunction():928] The function <orxDisplay_Init() @ /home/pwest/orx/code/src/display/orxDisplay.c:114> has been called before being loaded!
Please verify that the corresponding plugin has been correctly loaded and that it contains this function.
[03:51:22] [ALL] [orxPlugin.c:orxPlugin_DefaultCoreFunction():928] The function <orxDisplay_Init() @ /home/pwest/orx/code/src/display/orxDisplay.c:114> has been called before being loaded!
Please verify that the corresponding plugin has been correctly loaded and that it contains this function.
[03:51:22] [ALL] [orxPlugin.c:orxPlugin_DefaultCoreFunction():928] The function <orxPhysics_Init() @ /home/pwest/orx/code/src/physics/orxPhysics.c:200> has been called before being loaded!
[03:51:22] [ALL] [orxPlugin.c:orxPlugin_DefaultCoreFunction():928] The function <orxSoundSystem_Init() @ /home/pwest/orx/code/src/sound/orxSoundSystem.c:58> has been called before being loaded!
* This tutorial creates a viewport/camera couple and an object
* You can play with the config parameters in ../01_Object.ini
* After changing them, relaunch the tutorial to see their effects
[03:51:22] [ASSERT] [orxViewport.c:orxViewport_CreateFromConfig():449] [ASSERT] : <sstViewport.u32Flags & orxVIEWPORT_KU32_STATIC_FLAG_READY>
Trace/breakpoint trap

This error does not arise if I compile orx without debug (liborx.so). In fact, the tutorial runs just fine. My guess is that this has something to do with the fact that my current machine is using a software implementation of OpenGL due to current driver issues. Hopefully this will be solved soon, but I'd like to have the important debug information when developing.

Any ideas? I'm working off of the mercurial repo.

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Hi PaulOfTheWest!

Make sure you compile the embedded versions, otherwise the plugins won't be compiled.
  • edited March 2015
    Awesome, that was it. Thanks!