iOS 4.2 touch/click problem

I've just updated my SDK becuase of some problems with iPhone development to 4.2 and have problem with ORX.

In previous versions everything was ok, but with 4.2 (haven't got older versions) touch (mouse click) doesn't work for both device nor simulator (tested on two 4.2.1 devices and on several simulators).

When I tried to compile demo app from fresh SVN copy to check that problem isn't only in my app, I got some compile errors too and wasn't able to try it (orx lib compiled well).
Build orxTest of project orx-iphone with configuration Debug

Undefined symbols:
  "_orxProfiler_Exit", referenced from:
      _orxProfiler_Exit$non_lazy_ptr in liborxd.a(orxModule.o)
     (maybe you meant: _orxProfiler_Exit$non_lazy_ptr)
  "_orxProfiler_Init", referenced from:
      _orxProfiler_Init$non_lazy_ptr in liborxd.a(orxModule.o)
     (maybe you meant: _orxProfiler_Init$non_lazy_ptr)
  "_orxProfiler_Setup", referenced from:
      _orxProfiler_Setup$non_lazy_ptr in liborxd.a(orxModule.o)
     (maybe you meant: _orxProfiler_Setup$non_lazy_ptr)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Hope this is some "easy to fix" problem :)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Hi!

Yes, sorry for orx not compiling on mac/iPhone right now, it's due to files I've added last night and I can't manually edit those @%@#%$#@ XCode project files. All the other project files are up to date.

I don't have access to a mac right now, so it might stay like this for another day. Till then I suggest syncing to the version just before the last one that should still compile on mac/iPhone.

I didn't encounter any touch problem last time I checked (about a month ago with 4.2 on simulator only) but I might have broken something since then. Let me know if it's the case and I'll try to solve that before tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • edited April 2011
    It's perfectly OK, I just wait day or two and try iPhone version again. I'm developing with Mac version so it's not problem for me.
  • edited April 2011
    Oh, I forgot!

You can also fix that temporarily on your side very easily:

Add to your project the files /src/debug/orxProfiler.c and /include/debug/orxProfiler.h. And then everything should be back to normal. :)
  • edited May 2011
    Ah, I thought that as I was searching for profiler file and was unable to found it :) Everything works fine now and my touch problem was in wrong ini name (shame on me)
  • edited May 2011
    I like the sound of that! Less for me to debug! ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Well, I made build of my app and set it to friend with iPhone 4 and taps didn't work for him. Then I tested it on brother's latest iPod Touch and taps don't work there neither.

I was playing with it for few minutes and figured out that I need to build it for iOS 4.2 (default 3.1 in project doesn't work)