Screenshots do not support PNG or JPG format.

Hi there,

I've tried using the Screenshot functionality to take PNG format screenshots of the game in Windows, however this only works for TGA, DDS and BMP format images. When the game takes a screenshot with the screenshot format set to anything else in the ini file (for example png) the game simply saves a TGA format image with the extension .png.

For example, an image screenshot-0001.png is saved. The file can be opened in IrfanView, which complains that it is actually a TGA image with a PNG extension.

Thanks,

Sean info.png
info 8.9K

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Hi SeanF and welcome here!

Which version of orx did you use? If I remember correctly, PNG support for win/linux/mac screenshots has only been added since the latest release and is thus only available if you use the SVN version.
    JPG isn't supported on these platforms unfortunately.
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using Orx version 1.3. I was just going off the documentation in the initialisation configuration file.
    ; Extension          = <string>              ; Extension used for screenshot files. This also defines the type of encoding for the file. Available values when used with orx's default display plugin based on SFML are bmp, tga, dds, png and jpg. Its default value is tga.

Thanks,

Sean
  • edited September 2011
    No problem!

Ouch, yes, that part of doc was really outdated. SFML hasn't been the default plugin for eons. =)

Here's what the current SettingsTemplate.ini in the SVN says:

Extension = EXT; NB: Defaults to png on iPhone and tga otherwise; Available extensions depend on the active plugin. GLFW/SDL -> .png, .dds, .tga & .bmp; SFML additionally support .jpg;