Compiling from source in Linux x86_64

edited December 2012 in Help request
Hello everybody,

I believe there are a couple of bugs in the Codelite project for Linux 64 bits because while trying to compile from source, orx (the executable) is missing the -lm linker flag, and Scroll is missing the -m32 flag

Am I missing something? (After changing this, it seems to build fine.)

Cheers,

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Hi duenez,

Thanks for the info. Which configuration were you compiling? I've never had any trouble myself on linux64 when compiling all 3 embedded version from the latest hg.

Also, those hand-made projects might disappear soon now that we can generate them on the fly with premake.
  • edited December 2012
    Ah, yes! I was playing with the non-embedded, dynamically linked and static. Sorry for that missing info.

I saw you will be using premake and I am looking forward!

Cheers,
  • edited December 2012
    No worries!

The non-embedded versions are currently deprecated as the SFML plugins are now obsolete.

I mostly keep them around for tools based on orx that do not use any plugins at all, such as orxcrypt and orxfontgen.
  • edited December 2012
    I had several problems building orx in linux (dynamic embedded)... but with the help of everyone here we finally figured it out...

I'm slowly writing a tutorial on multiplatform development, but I guess sime someone is asking, I'll write it up right away instead of talking of a few other things..

Hopefully today, if not sometime during the week?
  • edited December 2012
    Ok I'm done-ish..

if you need anything help or whatever let me know.

my tuts are here.
    http://orx-project.org/wiki/en/orx/tutorials/community/katarak
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks, I'm sure that will be very helpful for linux users.
    You might want to link the dependency one next to Grey's linux setup tutorials directly in the setup section of that page: http://orx-project.org/wiki/en/orx/tutorials/main