Question about altering animations through config

I've been following the Beginner's Guide to understand how Orx works and I've hit a bit of a roadblock in Part 18 - Exploding Monsters.

In it, I'm asked to mess with the jelly blob's animation cycle via this type of code:
[JellyWobbleAnim0003]
TextureOrigin = (0, 0, 0)
[JellyWobbleAnim0004]
TextureOrigin = (64, 0, 0)
However, it doesn't seem to actually work? The animation of the jelly blob looks exactly the same as before. It even appears to have no effect whatsoever, as I tried slowing the animation down as well as adding a ton of extra frames that show the same sprite, but the executable still isn't picking up on any of those extra frames, it just keeps showing the same 3 from the spritesheet.

Is the information on the tutorial outdated or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Hi @SuperVehicle001 and welcome here.

I'm not familiar enough with the content of that tutorial to give you a definite answer, however I think it might just be out of date.

I see it recommends to use a minimum of 4 digits numbers at the end of the frame names. That used to be the default value but had since changed to 0.

If I'm correct you now have two options:

• either remove all the leading 0s, ie. JellyWobbleAnim3
    • or enforce the number of digits to 4 with the property: Digits = 4

Let us know if that worked for you!

• Ah so I need to update that. Thanks for checking that out @SuperVehicle001

• @iarwain yes I got rid of the leading 0s and now it works perfectly. Thank you!

@sausage You're welcome.

• Nice, glad you got it working! :)

• The sum changes are:

[JellyWobbleAnim3]
    TextureOrigin = (0, 0, 0)

[JellyWobbleAnim4]
    TextureOrigin = (64, 0, 0)

Think that's it.

Appreciate you picking that up @SuperVehicle001. First impressions count! :)

• Thanks for the changes, @sausage!