[ANSWERED] codelite and autocompletion

edited November 2008 in Help request
hey, me again.

trying to be active tonight but i feel as clever as a cooked octopus ...

so, the question is about codelite. How can I have auto completion on orx variables?

It'd be _really_ useful to get a better grip on the syntax. Haven't code in a while and the logic went away from my brain, this should be helping to get back into it :)

thx

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Ok Iarwain told me how to achieve that.

For those interested in the answer, you simply have to create a tag database file. The process is pretty straightforward, once the file is created you simply have to load it in your workspace.
  • edited March 2009
    any pointers on how to create this tag database file? google didn't provide me with any answers.
  • edited March 2009
    Hi rotor,

In codelite's tag menu, select create external tags database. Then follow the instructions, you'll have to point the base folder of the include you want to use.

Hope this helps!
  • edited March 2009
    thanks iarwain, that was easy enough!

i do however now stumble onto my next problem. i'm using visual the studio c++ express editor API, which i am actually new to. i have been googling around again, but it's not getting me anywhere. can you hint me to where i can set up the .tags file for the auto complete feature?

your help is much appreciated!
  • edited March 2009
    You're welcome!

That's a good question! I have no idea about this API though, as I'm not familiar with it either. :(

I'm using only orx API right now, and I've always been more of a linux coder than a windows one, so I might not be the best reference concerning windows API, sorry! :/

As for the .tags file, in codelite, you just have to go to tags->attach external tags database, and it should work! :)