Xcode 4 problems

edited April 2011 in Help request
I've just updated my Xcode from 3.x.x to 4.x.x becuase of new iOS SDK and having problem compile my ORX project for Mac (iOS is OK).

I was playing with project setting and now I'm having only two issues on orx_Execute call.

main.cpp:14: error: 'orx_Execute' was not declared in this scope
main.cpp: error: Semantic Issue: Use of undeclared identifier 'orx_Execute'

But headers and everything is set up in same way and I'm bit confused now. Is anyone using Xcode 4 already and can help?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Sorry, I don't have XCode 4 so I can't tell for sure. Maybe the preprocessor definitions are not correctly guessed by orx in this new development environment?

It's easy to check, there should be warning displayed if this ever happens and/or you can force them on the command line (-D__orxMAC__, ...).

But it might be something totally different. Good luck and if you find it I'd like to know what it is. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Well, I got it working again by installing Xcode 3.2 and never think again about Xcode 4 because it's horrible IDE
  • edited April 2011
    I guess that works. At least I don't have to change to XCode 4 right now then. :)
  • edited May 2011
    I know how you can resolve that:
    just rename the file to main.mm. I'm not actually sure why that works ;)
    orx_Execute is defined as a normal C function, so I don't know why the renaming is necessary. but it helps at least :/

I'm successfully using orx inside XCode 4, btw.
  • edited May 2011
    Ah good to know! :)

Isn't there an option to tell XCode that a specific file is Objective-C 2.0 even if the extension doesn't match?

Not the right thread but till I write a news: orx now has a profiler module and graphical visualization.

All you need is to define __orxPROFILER__, use orxPROFILER_PUSH_*/orxPROFILER_POP_* and set the config option Render::ShowProfiler to true.

Uniquely pushed markers will be display in a stack way whereas accumulated markers will display how many times they've been called per frame in addition to the cumulated time spent there.