CodeLite windows / VS2010Express solutions?

edited October 2011 in General discussions
Hi Grey / Iarwain,

Is there much of a chance of getting a template for VS2010 Express or more hopefully, a tutorial on getting SVN compiled under CodeLite for windows?

I have been trying it and I was stuck at the OpenAL / dsound.h issue again (like for VS2005 a while back). I resolved that with the DirectX SDK include path but now compiling gives an issue with a missing SAL.h.

There are profiles for Embedded Windows Debug in the OpenAL solution so I'm sure it's been done before.

Thanks, guys, not prepared to shell out thousands for Visual Studio and I'm not a student so I think it's going to be CodeLite for me going forward.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Hi sausage!

Well for vs2010, I'm out of the loop, I'm still using vs2008 so only Grey can help you with that. :)

As for CodeLite, which version of mingw did you install? You should have dsound.h in your mingw/include folder. It's probably not exactly the same version as your DX SDK one so pointing to it will have unpredictable results.

In order to use CodeLite on windows all you need is a recent version of MinGW (gcc needs to be at least version 4.5.0 and gcc 4.4.x won't create objects that are binary compatible with gcc 4.5.x).
  • edited October 2011
    I suppose I am using codelite 2.8 which appears to have mingw 4.4.1.

I'll get the latest and try those other suggestions. I'll report back.
  • edited October 2011
    The latest version of codelite is 3.0 but the download comes with mingw 4.4.1. I'll see if I can download a newer version elsewhere and integrate it myself.
  • edited October 2011
    Ah I see, I usually get MinGW separately from http://www.mingw.org. There should be a more recent version there.
  • edited October 2011
    Got mingw 4.6.1 hooked up in codelite and moved dsound.h into the includes folder for mingw but it arrives at the same point:
    ----------Build Started--------
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"C:MinGWinmingw32-make.exe"  -j 2 -f "OpenAL.mk"  all"
    ----------Building project:[ OpenAL - Win32 Release ]----------
    gcc -c  "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/extern/openal-soft/Alc/dsound.c" -O2 -Wno-strict-aliasing -s -DAL_ALEXT_PROTOTYPES -DAL_BUILD_LIBRARY -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DNDEBUG -D_WIN32  -o ./Release/Alc_dsound.o -I. -I../../OpenAL32/Include -I../../include -I.. 
    gcc -c  "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/extern/openal-soft/Alc/null.c" -O2 -Wno-strict-aliasing -s -DAL_ALEXT_PROTOTYPES -DAL_BUILD_LIBRARY -DWIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DNDEBUG -D_WIN32  -o ./Release/Alc_null.o -I. -I../../OpenAL32/Include -I../../include -I.. 
    In file included from C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/extern/openal-soft/Alc/dsound.c:29:0:
    c:mingwin../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.6.1/../../../../include/dsound.h:13:17: fatal error: sal.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    mingw32-make: *** [Release/Alc_dsound.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    ----------Build Ended----------
    1 errors, 0 warnings

• edited October 2011
    Mmh, let's go back a little bit, why do you try to compile openal-soft in the first place?
    There should already be a compiled version in openal-soft/lib/mingw that should work with your new version of gcc. Unless 4.6.1 isn't compatible with the object made with 4.5.0, again.
  • edited October 2011
    Good question. I thought it was the done thing to do that. I'll start over this evening and just try the straight svn without extern.
  • edited October 2011
    Well, what I meant is that you need to sync the extern folder but not compile anything in it, the up-to-date binaries of all external dependencies for all platforms are stored on the svn. So basically you should only have to compiler orx itself.
  • edited November 2011
    I updated the svn completely and then just built the project and everything went fine. If I compile from the workspace (solution) level I get errors, but the project level is fine and seems to do everything I think.

I'll have a look at the tutorials now how to get a working project to replace my vs2005 one.

Thanks!
  • edited November 2011
    Mmh, interesting. I compiled the latest svn with codelite, all three win32 embedded dynamic version without any error.

I'm also using pretty old versions of codelite/mingw so I'll try to update tonight and try again.
  • edited November 2011
    Well, it actually did work and I got compiled libraries. It's just when I right clicked on the solution section to compile there was an error, but that may not have been the right thing to do. Clicking on the orx project itself to compile is fine. And I got libraries ok.

This is codelite 3.0 from the website and the latest mingw from mingw.org.

But I have been trying to find a download for mingw 4.5.x but it's not so simple to find from their site.

I managed to set up a codelite solution for my project and I had a few compiler specific problems there but from what I read, there are problems with 4.6.x. So I am pretty keen to downgrade to whatever specific version you have there.
  • edited November 2011
    Yep, did the same (right click + rebuild workspace) on my CodeLite 2.1 and worked like a charm. I'll try the 3.0 tonight.
    As for mingw, I think that you can think older packages from their custom installer but I'm not 100% sure. :/
  • edited November 2011
    Cool, well I've been googling around how to get a gcc 4.5.0 with the installer, or by itself.. I'll keep hunting.

http://mingw-users.1079350.n2.nabble.com/specifying-specific-package-version-for-mingw-get-td6828141.html

This link seems to indicate a version download if the local xml file is edited. Not sure how simple / straight forward this is.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm at it again for another crack. :) Uninstalled CodeLite 3.0 and downloaded the old CodeLite 2.1 version (codelite-2.1.0.3584.exe).

I finally found a spot on the MingW site that would allow a version to download with GCC 4.5.2-1 (close enough?), from here: http://www.mingw.org/wiki/InstallationHOWTOforMinGW

There were manual instructions and the links here have the 4.5.2-1 version of GCC.

I got the latest SVN and loaded the workspace at codeuildcodeliteorx.workspace

Right clicked the orx parent node and selected Build Workspace.

It went a lot further than GCC 4.6.1 but this time a lot of errors regarding:
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c:125:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'orxCHAR*'

So I think I'm closer but something still isn't right. How did you go with CodeLite 3.0 & latest MingW? Maybe I am still missing a step.
  • edited November 2011
    You can safely ignore those warnings. I haven't found the time to update yet, sorry! Hopefully this week end. :)
  • edited November 2011
    Oops yes that was just a warning. Perhaps this GCC is working after all. I'll paste the last leg of the compile below. I assumed it was failing because some of the messages say: "Not compiled". Does the below look right?

Here is the last few lines:
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c:148:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'orxCHAR*'
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c:150:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'orxCHAR*'
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c:151:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'orxCHAR*'
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c:153:24: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'orxCHAR*'
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c: In function 'void _orxDebug_SetDebugFile(const orxCHAR*)':
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c:528:27: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'orxCHAR*'
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c: In function 'void _orxDebug_SetLogFile(const orxCHAR*)':
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxDebug.c:567:25: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'orxCHAR*'
    g++ -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxFPS.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -D__orxEMBEDDED__ -DAL_LIBTYPE_STATIC -o ../../../src/debug/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxFPS.o "-I." "-I../../../include" "-I../../../../extern/dlmalloc" "-I../../../../extern/glfw-2.7/include" "-I../../../../extern/SDL-1.2.14/include" "-I../../../../extern/Box2D_2.1.3/include" "-I../../../../extern/SOIL/include" "-I../../../../extern/OpenAL-soft/include" "-I../../../../extern/libsndfile-1.0.22/include" "-I../../../../extern/stb_vorbis"
    g++ -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/debug/orxProfiler.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -D__orxEMBEDDED__ -DAL_LIBTYPE_STATIC -o ../../../src/debug/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxProfiler.o "-I." "-I../../../include" "-I../../../../extern/dlmalloc" "-I../../../../extern/glfw-2.7/include" "-I../../../../extern/SDL-1.2.14/include" "-I../../../../extern/Box2D_2.1.3/include" "-I../../../../extern/SOIL/include" "-I../../../../extern/OpenAL-soft/include" "-I../../../../extern/libsndfile-1.0.22/include" "-I../../../../extern/stb_vorbis"
    g++ -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/io/orxInput.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -D__orxEMBEDDED__ -DAL_LIBTYPE_STATIC -o ../../../src/io/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxInput.o "-I." "-I../../../include" "-I../../../../extern/dlmalloc" "-I../../../../extern/glfw-2.7/include" "-I../../../../extern/SDL-1.2.14/include" "-I../../../../extern/Box2D_2.1.3/include" "-I../../../../extern/SOIL/include" "-I../../../../extern/OpenAL-soft/include" "-I../../../../extern/libsndfile-1.0.22/include" "-I../../../../extern/stb_vorbis"
    g++ -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/io/orxJoystick.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -D__orxEMBEDDED__ -DAL_LIBTYPE_STATIC -o ../../../src/io/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxJoystick.o "-I." "-I../../../include" "-I../../../../extern/dlmalloc" "-I../../../../extern/glfw-2.7/include" "-I../../../../extern/SDL-1.2.14/include" "-I../../../../extern/Box2D_2.1.3/include" "-I../../../../extern/SOIL/include" "-I../../../../extern/OpenAL-soft/include" "-I../../../../extern/libsndfile-1.0.22/include" "-I../../../../extern/stb_vorbis"
    g++ -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/io/orxKeyboard.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -D__orxEMBEDDED__ -DAL_LIBTYPE_STATIC -o ../../../src/io/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxKeyboard.o "-I." "-I../../../include" "-I../../../../extern/dlmalloc" "-I../../../../extern/glfw-2.7/include" "-I../../../../extern/SDL-1.2.14/include" "-I../../../../extern/Box2D_2.1.3/include" "-I../../../../extern/SOIL/include" "-I../../../../extern/OpenAL-soft/include" "-I../../../../extern/libsndfile-1.0.22/include" "-I../../../../extern/stb_vorbis"
    g++ -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/sound/orxSound.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -D__orxEMBEDDED__ -DAL_LIBTYPE_STATIC -o ../../../src/sound/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxSound.o "-I." "-I../../../include" "-I../../../../extern/dlmalloc" "-I../../../../extern/glfw-2.7/include" "-I../../../../extern/SDL-1.2.14/include" "-I../../../../extern/Box2D_2.1.3/include" "-I../../../../extern/SOIL/include" "-I../../../../extern/OpenAL-soft/include" "-I../../../../extern/libsndfile-1.0.22/include" "-I../../../../extern/stb_vorbis"
    g++ -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/sound/orxSoundSystem.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -D__orxEMBEDDED__ -DAL_LIBTYPE_STATIC -o ../../../src/sound/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxSoundSystem.o "-I." "-I../../../include" "-I../../../../extern/dlmalloc" "-I../../../../extern/glfw-2.7/include" "-I../../../../extern/SDL-1.2.14/include" "-I../../../../extern/Box2D_2.1.3/include" "-I../../../../extern/SOIL/include" "-I../../../../extern/OpenAL-soft/include" "-I../../../../extern/libsndfile-1.0.22/include" "-I../../../../extern/stb_vorbis"
    /Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxSoundPointer.o ../../../src/utils/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxHashTable.o ../../../src/utils/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxLinkList.o ../../../src/utils/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxString.o ../../../src/utils/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxTree.o "-L." "-L../../../../extern/glfw-2.7/lib/mingw" "-L../../../../extern/SDL-1.2.14/lib/mingw" "-L../../../../extern/SOIL/lib/mingw" "-L../../../../extern/OpenAL-soft/lib/mingw" "-L../../../../extern/libsndfile-1.0.22/lib/mingw" "-L../../../../extern/Box2D_2.1.3/lib/mingw" -lglfw -lsndfile -lopenal32 -lSOIL -lSDL -lBox2Dd -lwinmm -Wl,--out-implib=../../../lib/dynamic/liborxd.a
    Creating library file: ../../../lib/dynamic/liborxd.a
    Executing Post Build commands ...
    cmd /c copy /Y ......libdynamicorxd.dll ......in
    1 file(s) copied.
    Done
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings, total time: 00:00:30 seconds
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orx.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orx - Win32 Embedded Dynamic Debug ]
    gcc -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/src/main/orxMain.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -o ../../../src/main/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxMain.o "-I." "-I../../../include"
    gcc -o ../../../bin/orxd.exe ../../../src/main/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxMain.o "-L." "-L../../../lib/dynamic" -lorxd
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "Bounce.mk" all"
    Building project:[ Bounce - Win32 Embedded Dynamic Debug ]
    gcc -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/plugins/Demo/orxBounce.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -o ../../../plugins/Demo/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxBounce.o "-I." "-I../../../include"
    gcc -shared -fPIC -o ../../../bin/plugins/demo/Bounced.dll ../../../plugins/Demo/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxBounce.o "-L." "-L../../../lib/dynamic" -lorxd -fPIC
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "Scroll.mk" all"
    Building project:[ Scroll - Win32 Embedded Dynamic Debug ]
    gcc -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orxsvn/code/plugins/Demo/orxScroll.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -o ../../../plugins/Demo/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxScroll.o "-I." "-I../../../include"
    gcc -shared -fPIC -o ../../../bin/plugins/demo/Scrolld.dll ../../../plugins/Demo/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxScroll.o "-L." "-L../../../lib/dynamic" -lorxd -fPIC
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxDisplay_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxDisplay_SFML - Not compiled ]
    mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxJoystick_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxJoystick_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxKeyboard_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxKeyboard_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxMouse_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxMouse_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxPhysics_Box2D.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxPhysics_Box2D - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxRender_Home.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxRender_Home - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxSoundSystem_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxSoundSystem_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    31 errors, 0 warnings
  • edited November 2011
    Mmh, looks to me that CodeLite is mistaking between warnings and errors but that everything went fine nonetheless.

The best way to verify is to check the content of /code/lib/dynamic. If you find there liborx.a/orx.dll and the other variants, you're all set. :)
  • edited November 2011
    Oh, by the way, the "not compiled" are for the separate plugins project (the ones used in the non-embedded mode). Instead of just skipping them silently CodeLite lets you know they're not getting compiled for this config (embedded) and there's nothing to do for them (which is a bit of a redundant info, but, heh!).

PS: Actually I think the "Not Compiled" name is the config name I gave for a "nothing to do" as CodeLite doesn't allow to cherry pick with projects will be compiled for which configuration (as Visual Studio does), so instead of creating 2 separate workspaces, I just created a configuration that does nothing for a project when it's not needed (ie. the plugins in embedded mode).
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, I definitely get a liborxd.a & orxd.dll with the "Windows Embedded Dynamic Debug" and I get liborx.a & orx.dll with the "Windows Embedded Dynamic Release".

Seems I am all good to go. I guess the GCC 4.5.2 fixes this though I should go and check with the original 4.6.1 setup but I'm not game to break anything now. :)

Thanks again for your help. Tutorial examples build and run from codelite but not my project, that is something I need to sort out myself.
  • edited November 2011
    I tried on my side with latest of codelite/mingw and it built just fine. I didn't get the warnings you had but instead codelite was trying to compile the unused projects when I select build workspace (but not when I select build project, which is ironical).
    I'll report that as bug bug to the CodeLite team.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for checking that out. Good to see you reproduced the compile on project verses compile on workspace issue.

Glad to report that my project is up and running nicely under codelite, so I am back to normal business.

By the way, you might find compiling orx-dev-mingw-1.3rc0.zip interesting with the new toolchain. I found this failed too with something regarding a missing malloc.c but I didn't want to cloud this thread. Just wanted to let you know.
  • edited November 2011
    Ah thanks for the info. Do you have any more details about that? A log maybe? If not, that's ok, I'll wait for someone to post a request here next time it happens. :)
  • edited November 2011
    No, that's all fine, I can easily reproduce it. I'll do that this evening and post the results.
  • edited November 2011
    Apologies, I meant orx-src-1.3rc0.zip not orx-dev-mingw-1.3rc0.zip (which is pre-compiled)

Ok, so the log when compiling the workspace:

Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxLIB.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxLIB - Win32 Embedded Dynamic Debug ]
    C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orx-src-1.3rc0/orx-1.3rc0/code/src/memory/orxMemory.c:38:20: fatal error: malloc.c: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    mingw32-make.exe: *** [../../../src/memory/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxMemory.o.d] Error 1
    mingw32-make.exe: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orx.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orx - Win32 Embedded Dynamic Debug ]
    gcc -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orx-src-1.3rc0/orx-1.3rc0/code/src/main/orxMain.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -o ../../../src/main/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxMain.o "-I." "-I../../../include"
    gcc -o ../../../bin/orxd.exe ../../../src/main/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxMain.o "-L." "-L../../../lib/dynamic" -lorxd
    c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lorxd
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    mingw32-make.exe: *** [../../../bin/orxd.exe] Error 1
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "Bounce.mk" all"
    Building project:[ Bounce - Win32 Embedded Dynamic Debug ]
    gcc -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orx-src-1.3rc0/orx-1.3rc0/code/plugins/Demo/orxBounce.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -o ../../../plugins/Demo/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxBounce.o "-I." "-I../../../include"
    gcc -shared -fPIC -o ../../../bin/plugins/demo/Bounced.dll ../../../plugins/Demo/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxBounce.o "-L." "-L../../../lib/dynamic" -lorxd -fPIC
    c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lorxd
    mingw32-make.exe: *** [../../../bin/plugins/demo/Bounced.dll] Error 1
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "Scroll.mk" all"
    Building project:[ Scroll - Win32 Embedded Dynamic Debug ]
    gcc -c "C:/Work/Downloads/Dev/orx-src-1.3rc0/orx-1.3rc0/code/plugins/Demo/orxScroll.c" -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -g -D__orxDEBUG__ -o ../../../plugins/Demo/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxScroll.o "-I." "-I../../../include"
    gcc -shared -fPIC -o ../../../bin/plugins/demo/Scrolld.dll ../../../plugins/Demo/Win32_Embedded_Dynamic_Debug/orxScroll.o "-L." "-L../../../lib/dynamic" -lorxd -fPIC
    mingw32-make.exe: *** [../../../bin/plugins/demo/Scrolld.dll] Error 1
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxDisplay_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxDisplay_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxJoystick_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxJoystick_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxKeyboard_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxKeyboard_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxMouse_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxMouse_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxPhysics_Box2D.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxPhysics_Box2D - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxRender_Home.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxRender_Home - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
    Build Started
    C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c "none"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "orxSoundSystem_SFML.mk" all"
    Building project:[ orxSoundSystem_SFML - Not compiled ]
    Build Ended
    1 errors, 0 warnings
  • edited November 2011
    Just to make sure, did you also download the orx-extern-* archive and extract it in the same root folder?
  • edited November 2011
    Ah. No I didn't. This is what comes of not knowing what I am doing. :)

I'll try this out with codelite and confirm all is fine.
  • edited November 2011
    I should definitely put this kind of information somewhere else that just in the README file. :)
  • edited November 2011
    Well no, maybe if I did my research first and actually read it. :blush: