orxClock_FindFirst problem

edited April 2012 in Help request
Hey guys,
I have a little problem with my project. I used to use a Visual Studio for writing code and everything was fine, but I had to change my environment to NetBeans. I created a new project in NetBeans and load my code. I set up everything to make orx work. I tried it in another project and it worked fine but when I try run my current project it ends with:
[Assertion failed] : <_eType < orxCLOCK_TYPE_NUMBER> in
orxClock_FindFirst(orx2F(-1.0f), orxCLOCK_TYPE_CORE);
and I really don' know what to do with it. I checked dlls, include and libs paths in NetBeans and everything seems right. Yeah and I have the precompiled MinGW version of orx 1.3.rc0.
Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Try codelite for an IDE, and use that to download and compile the svn version. Version 1.3rc0 is around a year old now... there might be bugs, and the new version is MUCH faster and includes a physics debugger (which came in more than a little handy).

Also, NetBeans is primarily a Java IDE, right?
  • edited April 2012
    Ok thanks for fast reply, Iam going to try it and yes NetBeans is primarily Java IDE but when you download and install MinGW you can easily use it for Java, C, C++ even you can write PHP in it.
  • edited April 2012
    Mmh, the 2 obvious reasons I can think of right now are:

- are you using the debug library but forgot to define __orxDEBUG__ or the contrary: did you define __orxDEBUG__ while using the release library?
    - your gcc version might not be compatible with the one used to create the binary package. In that case the solution is to sync the SVN and compile orx yourself (it compiles out of the box as all the dependencies come with it :)).
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for advices. Tomorrow I am going to compile it on my own. It's probably the gcc version. But still I don't understand why in one project compiled with the same gcc and in the same IDE, it works fine and in the other one it doesn't work and I am pretty sure that __orxDEBUG__ is set up right. Tomorrow I will tell you if recompile the orx helped.
  • edited April 2012
    Yep, I don't really know either.
    There has to be some difference of some kind somewhere. :)

I'd be happy to have a look myself at your projects but I don't use NetBeans. Thought if their project files are in some human readable format I guess I could try to see if I can spot any significant difference.
  • edited April 2012
    If you want to I will send you the project files. It seems to be in xml so I think it should be readable. Just tell me if I should email you the files or upload to some server and post the link here, and of course I really appreciate your help with that :)
  • edited April 2012
    Whichever way you prefer: either here or by email! :)
  • edited April 2012
    It works finally. I did what you and sonicbhoc suggested. I downloaded the newest orx version and compiled it on my machine and it works fine now. Thanks a lot for your helpful advices :).
  • edited April 2012
    Well, I'm glad you issue got sorted! And now you can also take advantages of the many new things that have been done since the latest release. :)