Wiki Password

edited May 2012 in Help request
Hello.

I wanted to help by expanding the WIKI with a REFERENCE bit.

Unfortunately, when I registered, my password wasn't sent to my Email - nor anything else for that matter.

When I requested a new password, I DID get the mail with the link to ask for a new password; but once again the new password hasn't been sent.

I have a hotmail account, if that has something to do with something. It's not in my spam folder ;)

In other news, is it OK if I started on a reference on the wiki? In addition, is the community big/active enough to keep it up to date; or should we create some kind of automatic system scurrying through the header files and picking up changes automatically?

EDIT: I just noticed the API Doc system. Still, the passwording should work. Also, it may be interesting to move this information to the Wiki for manual editing; more explanation etcetera.

EDIT2: I now have a password. I wasn't patient enough, appearantly.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Hi!

So yep, there's a doxygen generated doc and if you manually edit it, manual modifications will get erased next time the doc is generated, so it's probably not the best choice. ;)

An option would be to copy the content to the wiki and manually maintain it but it's going to be tedious, another option would be to modify the code so that the doxygen generated API contain the info you need. Any specific example in mind?

I just gave you the editor rights in the wiki so you should be able to add/modify pages now. :)
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks,

Well, i don't really have a specific thing in mind, but i often feel the automatically generated stuff to be quite dry, hard to swallow.

What you could consider, though that would prove a bit of a challenge to implement in some way, a separate example bit and a separate user comments bit, which get auto-compiled into the doxygen whachamacallit.

Just brainstorming here :)
  • edited May 2012
    I guess it can be done but I don't think I'll be the one adding those examples to the whole API as it's not exactly small anymore! ^^