Vote for ORX at indiegametools.com :)

jimjim
edited May 2012 in General discussions
Hi everyone,
How are you guys? ORX is now at number 3 game engine in indiegametools.com, I think we all should vote for ORX so that it can be no.1, it will be amazing for us, also I think ORX site needs more dazzling look and need more small demo projects to show off like sample video,so that more people are attracted and our community gets bigger and bigger. I would say it again that ORX is one of the best 2D game engine available today, I love the way ORX works and handles things.
The link of the site is given below, thank you all :)
http://indiegametools.com/

Comments

• edited May 2012
    o/

I've been checking the place from time to time and the owner of that site also registered on orx forum a while ago.

Unfortunately a lot of people do mass downvoting which makes it hard to shine there (look at the number of downvotes for the indie pricing categories for free/open source engines, including orx).
    So yes, if you feel like it, a quick vote there might help bringing more people here. :)

As for the website I totally agree that it's pretty ugly and I've been saying so since the beginning. Still waiting for someone to step up to offer to help with its presentation! ;)

As for the video, that'd be great, I wanted to do something like that a while ago but I don't have that many good looking things to show myself unfortunately. Any contribution is more than welcome! :)
  • jimjim
    edited May 2012
    I don't know why people down votes, people are jealous may be. I love ORX architecture, it's data-driven and extendable features. I remember the 1st chapter of Game Programming Gems1, 'the magic of data driven design' and i think ORX is a genuine example of that.
    I wish I could help the site to shine more but unfortunately I have no knowledge of web and stuffs. I think there should be a page like 'Showcase' or 'Project' where people can see the existing projects made by ORX users. Now, my final year is giving me much pain, I would be really happy if I could help ORX in any way.
  • jimjim
    edited May 2012
    Congrats people, ORX is now at number 2 :) , need 9 votes to be number 1, thanks to ORX users, they are so responsive,also I have told my friends to vote for ORX.
    Hail ORX :D
  • edited May 2012
    Hey !

Nice job ! ;)

And without downvote other in my case :)
  • jimjim
    edited May 2012
    If down vote was the way to go then ORX would have been no.1 by now LOl :D
  • jimjim
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, ORX is now at number 1, and good news is without down voting others, cheers :D
  • edited May 2012
    Voted for it, glad to see it's now #1! =]
  • edited May 2012
    That's the website I found orx on to begin with. It had a very low popularity score when I found it, but it just happened to be exactly what I was looking for. Glad I took the chance!
  • edited May 2012
    sonicbhoc wrote:
    That's the website I found orx on to begin with. It had a very low popularity score when I found it, but it just happened to be exactly what I was looking for. Glad I took the chance!

As for me, I was looking for an article about game engines and found the wikipedia list of game engines. After looking at the IndieLib and the Moai SDK, I found myself trying Orx and enjoying it rapidly :]
  • edited May 2012
    Funny! That's exactly how I found ORX too. Glad that I found it though. :D

I voted by the way, so glad to see that it's currently at #1! Although, why are there two ORXes on the list?
  • jimjim
    edited May 2012
    I found ORX at gpwiki.org, I think being number 1 is not good enough for ORX, that's why showing two lists :)

Edit : We should use social media to promote ORX, I told all my friends on facebook to vote for ORX, thus so drastic change on the ratings :D
  • edited May 2012
    ChaoticCactus wrote:
    I voted by the way, so glad to see that it's currently at #1! Although, why are there two ORXes on the list?

Because Orx deserves to be #1 twice!
  • edited May 2012
    Ahah, facebook's power! I don't have an account myself so I can't do much there. :P

Nice, hopefully that'll give us more exposure! I tweet with #orx hashtags from time to time, mainly to advertise new features but haven't done so in quite a while.
  • edited August 2012
    And we're back at #3.

What is surprising is that orx has 42% of down votes. I suspect some people to simply downvote all projects that are not their favourite otherwise I don't see why people would downvote orx in the indie pricing category as it's entirely free. ;)

I also think the support here is pretty good compared to other communities, but heh, my opinion is definitely biased on that one! :)
  • edited August 2012
    Hey !

Job done :)

And sure, your support is really good for all of us !