Chocolate Mousse!

edited April 2012 in Projects - Tools
Okay, so now that you're here you should totally look at my 'blog' thingy... it lacks Chocolate Mousse so far, but... I'm sure once someone invents a way to spread deliciousness through the internet, I'll put some there for you!

In the meantime; feel free to read my semi-crazy ramblings here:

http://BagOfBacon.com/blog/

It's actually kinda semi-orx related (mostly 'cos I use orx in most stuff I discuss there :P)

:evil:
- Grey.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Oh nice, you got that 3D iso map working nicely I see. Congrats! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Hi all !

Yes, that looks nice !

I'm just curious, how do you achieve 3D iso in orx ?
  • edited April 2012
    With difficulty (not impossible, but most definitely not recommended!) -- that latest image isn't actually 3D. I am simply using isometric sprites, and layering them on top of one another to 'fake it' :)

this is the sprite-sheet I used to make that image:

ground.png
  • edited April 2012
    Ok cool, I understand !

Good job, it looks nice!
  • edited April 2012
    Well, isn't 3D iso actually always 2D, as far as rendering is concerned? :)
  • edited April 2012
    Sure, but then, isn't it just "isometric" rather than "3D" or "2D" isometric?
  • edited April 2012
    Isometric by itself doesn't mean much, but you're right: the proper term would be "isometric projection" or "isometric perspective".

Anyway in your case it's a misnomer: you're using a dimetric projection (the one often seen in video games), not an isometric one. :P
  • edited April 2012
    oh pshh, semantics ;)

I haven't actually measured the angles myself, and I'm not going to hazard a guess as to if they're 105/105/150 or 120/120/120 haha -- either way, it looks good, and does what I want :D (so far!)
  • edited July 2012
    Gosh, had my head in own stuff so long I haven't taken a look around what been going on elsewhere here. Nice 2D graphics, Grey. Very attractive rock sprites.