I've a humble bundle of questions under the theme "procedural generation"
. So, the purpose is to be able to generate objects with procedurally generated textures (and probably other properties too).
1) Is orxObject_create() supposed to be used by orx users, is it equivalent to orxObject_createFromConfig() with an object section without any specified fields?
2) What is orxOBJECT_GET_STRUCTURE()? Is it the proper way of accessing the orxGraphics of an orxObject? Does it have any uses since it's not specifically called orxOBJECT_GET_GRAPHICS (or even why not orxObject_GetGraphics()?)
3) I don't see any way of setting the orxGraphics of an orxObject, does that mean every orxObject is created with it's own orxGraphics, and that I have to work on it, instead of setting a new one?
4) When two objects are created from the same config section, what do they share? Their orxGraphics', their orxTextures or just their orxBitmaps?
5) I feel that a similar dark magic is going on as in Q2, when you're accessing the orxTexture of an orxGraphics. Is there a way to figure out what's happening when some function is returning an orxSTRUCTURE *? BTW, it there a technical jargon for this kind of data management, so that I can read about it?
6) How can I set the orxBitmap of an orxTexture? Is it through orxTexture_LinkBitmap? Why is it called to "link"?
7) When I use orxDisplay_SetBitmapData, what's happening? Is the bitmap storing the pointer I pass to it, or is it copying the contents? If it's storing the pointer, who has the ownership of that data buffer? (i.e, will the orxBitmap delete the buffer while it's being deleted?)
Sorry for this long list of questions, I've been trying to figure these out myself, but I've many hypotheses about how things might be working based on possible answers to these questions, and the permutations explode in my mind...
Thanks for your patience in advance