static_release32

TARGETS:
all (default)
clean
orx
orxLIB
Bounce
Scroll

To be honesty, i really don't know what's the different or detail about the combination of config and target. Are there some doc talk about it?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Which ones in particular?
    The config options have been mentioned many times on those forum and are described in the README file.

The targets are:

all/clean: self-explanatory
    orx: orx's launcher, usually not used anymore as stand alones are now easier to create than launcher + plugin
    orxLIB: orx itself
    Bounce: my playground where I test & develop all the features for orx
    Scroll: another test that I don't really maintain and will probably remove at some point. Not to be confused with the separate C++ thin layer of the same name.
  • edited September 2013
    What's shall i start in order to start my own game? from bounce or tutorial? what would be a good structure for orx game project organize?
    If the core(orx itself) are build with embedded_dynamic_debug64 then the tutorial can't be build as release64, i don't know the combination about orx core and the app(android/ios/linux tutorial or demo).
  • edited September 2013
    Again this is described in the README file.
    There's nothing complex, if you use a debug version of orx, you should define __orxDEBUG__ (which is defined in the debug version of the tutorials).
    Debug goes with debug, release with release, it's rather a no-brainer.

As for learning, I'd recommend the tutorials, the official ones as well as the community ones, all available on the wiki.
  • edited September 2013
    I have read the premake file, the bounce and scroll are likely a plugin not a app, right?
  • edited September 2013
    Correct, they are plugins used in combination with the launcher.

That used to be the first way of using orx and remained easier than stand alones for quite a while but it's not the case anymore.

All tutorial used to be written that way too but I changed that last year in favor of the stand alone approach.