Minimu size for an image

edited November 2014 in Help request
I tried and tried to get this little image to show up and never could figure it out. Nothing I did would make it appear. I'd scale it and change colors, everything I could think of but no go. So I edited it and made it twice as big and then it showed up. Is there some sort of minimum size? This little .png image is 16x32. I made it 32x64 and it worked but it won't work at 16x32.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Weird. No minimum size. One pixel if you wanted. Maybe post up the code fragment and config and I'll take a look.
  • edited November 2014
    Well, sausage, the code and .ini are the same for the 16x32 and the 32x64, so it's not that. It just didn't like my little image file. Maybe I'll email you that little image file and you can look at it at your convenience. My granddaughter has a bunch of these little things she has collected for doing a game, so, I'm in trouble if I can't get it to work...
  • edited November 2014
    Ah righto, I've got it.

Your image was an indexed 7 colour image. Take into something like gimp and switch it to 24-bit RGB.

Then it loads all fine.
  • edited November 2014
    OK, that would explain why it worked when I enlarged it. I used Kolourpaint. It warned me about saving it as 8 bit but I told it to go ahead. I figured it was still 8 bit afterwards. Guess not, huh? Thanks a lot for looking at it! That's going to be a real pain to convert all of her images.
  • edited November 2014
    You might be best to use something like ImageMagick on linux to do a batch conversion for you.
  • edited November 2014
    OK, hadn't thought of that. I also have converseen, which does batch conversions. Thanks!