Compile dependencies for current Visual Studio ver

Hey, since Visual Studio 2013 has a free community edition, you should take advantage of it and compile orx to target that new version. I tried, but the compiler version is different and box2d didn't like that too much.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    You need to recompile box2d... there are solution files for it (I think they're for the 2010 version, but it is ok). I'm using VS 2013 without any problem.
    Hope I didn't misunderstood your question.
  • edited January 2015
    I figured it out earlier, and thank you.
  • edited January 2015
    Sonic, if you got it sorted, might be worth adding your compiled build to the orx repo as a pull request.
  • edited January 2015
    When the community version got released, I planned on installing it on my computer however it required the SP 1 for Windows 7 (which I didn't have).
    I have since installed it and will add 2013 to the official build list sometimes next week when I'm back from vacation (and will release 1.6 final as well).
  • edited January 2015
    Sweet. I tried using other build tools in windows, but MinGW refuses to work right on my computer. So I'm just using VS2013 on Windows. When I get my new hard drive I'll dual-boot too.

It's time to make my project a reality! It really took me since I posted my idea in projects to just now to get a laptop. It's not current, but it'll do the job.
  • edited January 2015
    Nice one Sonic, looking forward to seeing it.

If it's any consolation, I am doing all my dev on a windows xp laptop from 6 years ago and with intel graphics. Not hot, but I get a nice low spec baseline for testing.

Of course I test on other machines, but for dev, well I have no issues.
    "It may not look like much, but it's got it where it counts" --han solo
  • edited January 2015
    I'm working with a 2 year old Lenovo T420. Intel graphics as well, but I've got a Core i5 processor. I barely avoided getting a(nother) toaster for a computer before I saw this one for only $300 on Groupon. Lucky me!
  • edited January 2015
    I've added vs2013/32bit to the repository. 64bit should follow shortly.
  • edited January 2015
    You're the embodiment of awesome.